The setting of the cake

Since my engagement on 3/15/2008, I have followed Mrs. Penguin's (over at weddingbee) wedding to the tee. I love her style and details, especially the DIY projects. They are to die for! However, one of the details that she never blogged about during her planning stage is her cake, at least not in terms of the display and set up of the cake. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to see the beautiful cake, and the setting up of it is even more fabulous!
[source]
When I saw it, I knew that I wanted something like that. I think it is a gorgeous way of displaying the cake! Now that I'm 3 months out, I am in search of 9 square vases to set as a base. Instead of real flowers, I think I will go find some silk flowers to put in there as they will not be directly on display to be examined for their realness.

Read more about her wedding here

***UPDATE***
I stumbled across a picture from WeddingbeePro and I think it would just be perfect for this cake setting.
Beautiful and gorgeous. I'm so excited now.

No comments: