The infamous blurb book

With our wedding budget being small as it is, we decided that we will not have a professional photo book as part of our photography package. This is one way we kept our wedding budget down and I would do it over and over again. Besides, I see many many people have expensive wedding photo books that sits at their end tables collecting dust. I just can't seem to justify spending thousand and thousands of dollars on such things.

Case in point, my friend Libby who just got married recently told me that she spent over $4,000 on her photo book because additional pages were added on. $4,000! That's ridiculous, on top of the photography package worth $8,000 for a total of $12,000. That's almost half of my wedding budget.

So, armed with my beautiful engagement pictures I downloaded the blurb program call BookSmart. I created a blurb book out of my best engagement pictures. I intended to give them to our parents as Christmas presents, but the book took longer than expected to arrive, approximately 2 weeks. I think that's the only thing I was disappointed with. Otherwise, the book turned out amazingly well, with great quality.
The cover-ImageWrap hardcover
The spine, with our name and our engagement date
The introduction page, the important dates
Finally, the back.

No comments: