Me and my fear of flowers

So I'm afraid of flowers.

Really really afraid, not allergic, simple phobia. I don't touch flowers, I freak out when something that resemble a flower, be it real or plant that resemble a flower come close to me. They and I exist in harmony, so long as they don't come close to me. So, when I saw brides adorn the beautiful hair pieces of silk florals, I wanted some for myself too. So I looked and looked, and these hair pieces were going for so much money! When I decided to do them for myself, I wanted something more simple, because I didn't want to accidentally touch them and freak myself out.

Since I have the greatest of maid of honor and groom to be, they helped this poor bride to be out. My groom dissected the silk orchids I bought at Michael's and reassemble them together, attaching a little barrette to the back with the hot glue gun. The process was simple, and the outcome was exactly what I wanted. This was my inspiration:
This is the outcome:
With the veil:

No comments: