Sarah's bridal shower: decorations

Sarah's party is tomorrow, and I am really really busy tonight after work, I spent about 4 hours last night with Joe finishing up the little touches and prepping the house for the soiree. Because I'm so proud of them, I had to share them early of course. Keep in mind that these are not set up in all their glory, but just complete project scattered around for now.
We'll start with the invite. The flower bouquet was heat embossed, even though you may not be able to see it.
Since this is an appetizer and dessert soirée, I decided to go with a "Love is Sweet" theme. This banner spells it out just in case any guests missed the theme :)
A banner with the guest of honor's name just to make her feel that much more important.
I made these tissue pomanders and coupling them with paper lanterns to give the house more texture. They turn out really well I thought.
Joe helped me put them up on the ceiling, using just clear thumb tacks.
Floating candles. Can you also guess what the bride's favorite color is?
I got these coasters at Michael's for $1/20 coasters. I bought four packs. I thought they were just so cute with the words "You had me at merlot." They fit the theme perfectly. Such a great find.
I made some tags from scrap papers I had lying around the house from the endless paper projects from the wedding. So I just cut them into a form of a tag and attach a cute little ribbon to them to make them more tag-gy. These will be used by guests to leave Sarah a note or two for the upcoming wedding.
Since we will be playing some games, I purchase a few items on sale from Target and Bath and Body Works as prizes. They were all under $10 each. I hope the winners like them. I put a lot of thoughts into these prizes because of my experiences from other parties. The winners always receive these cheap perfumes and knick knacks that they cannot use. I wanted to purchase something that they can use. Those are scrapbook photo albums and body gel, body lotion and loofahs.
Last but not least, some cute phrases meant to be used for various things:
  • "Love is sweet" for the dessert table
  • "Love will keep us alive" for the appetizer table
  • "Sweet treats" for the favor area
  • "Lovely gifts" for the gift area
I love the way everything turns out and I hope the bride loves them as much as I love putting them together.

1 comment:

CR said...

I just came across your blog post in a search for diy bridal shower ideas. I LOVE this theme and all the decors! It looks amazing!