Wedding vent #5: Importance

I'm hoping that this will be the last wedding vent before the big day occurs, because I really really don't think I can take anymore wedding stress. Wedding planning so far has been a breeze, compared to managing the family and guests.

They say that weddings really show you who your real friends are. While I have my own worries with my side of the wedding to worry about, this vent is actually for the groom's side. They don't do anything personally to me, and I, in my own right, have pretty good relationships with each on of my future in-laws and friends in-law. However, their actions really bother me sometimes because they really stress Joe out. While there are way too many details to go into in one post, the biggest thing on the list is the placement of importance. Joe has such high importance for these people, in his life and in his heart, and they can't even come together on the most important day of his life. They can't take one hour out of their busy life to get their suit together, even though we're provide everything else for the attire. They can't even put aside a little bit of money to come see him get married. While all of this is happening, we would never thought to miss anything remotely important in their lives and always, always, try to be there for them. How and when do people get so wrapped up in their own world that they fail to see their importance to someone else, someone who is so utterly disappointed that his family cannot come see him, or someone who can't even put a little effort in. But Joe is so forgiving that sometimes, it upsets me. But more importantly, I respect him for his undying love for these people who do not deserve it.

The one thing I learn about people is that people want to be your best friend when it is most convenient for them. In the case of wedding, when they can walk down the aisle and show the guests that they are the bride/groom's best friend. But when the time of need comes, they fail to show up.

This is the one part of wedding planning that I wish I can avoid, because if it goes further, I really think I will resent people enough to cut off relationships with them. That would be the last thing I want.

No comments: