Weight Loss

I've never been one to worry about weight loss specifically for the wedding. I have a specific approach to weight loss as I have with work, just do what you're supposed to do and do a good job at it, and everything will fall into place. It's been really really successful at work, not so much with weight.

I have never been a small girl, nor have I ever been a big girl. I remember my first encounter with my weight consciousness was in the 6th grade, after my family beat it into me that I am fat. I was 118 lbs then. You know what happen when you became conscious of something, you become obsessed!

I was obsessed, exercising every single day and became really really unhealthy about my diet. After a few years, I did manage to lose some weight, as my weight settled at 120lb by the time I graduated high school. I think the weight loss is a result of the loss of baby fat, rather than from anything I did.

However, that time in my life was a really shallow time, coupling it with the hormones of a teenage girl, it was out of control. In college when I had more time, I managed to eat a little healthier and exercised as much as I can. I have to say that this is the period when I was most healthy.

After college and I started work, the nature of the work really put a damper on my diets and exercise habits. I ate a lot of things and with no time to shed those food out of the system, I gained some weight. I believeI maxed out at 135 lbs, which was where I was during the time that I purchased my wedding dress. I purchased a sized 8 and it was a bit snug. Breathable but still snug.

Lately, I've been busy with work and the wedding projects that I lost a bunch of weight. I'm down to 125 lbs and it is evident when I put on my dress on at the first fitting, after months of it sitting in the closet. It fits much more perfectly, to a point that the sides has to be taken in. Over the weekend, I also went shopping to get some things for Vegas next weekend, I tried on the guess jeans that I always have, and I had to go down two sizes from my usual size. I purchased them because the jeans I have no longer fit.

Though I was able to lose some weight without very much effort, I know a lot of people try to shed some weight before the wedding. So is anyone else trying to lose weight before the big day?

No comments: