Table Overlays

I love damask, as previously posted here and here and here. But like I also said, I don't want it to dominate the wedding. To tie it all together, I only used damask on the outside of the envelopes of the invitations, which is the first introduction to damask that guests are exposed to. They will get more exposed to damask as the wedding come closer, in the rehearsal dinner invitation and program and then at the reception, this:
Beautiful damask overlay in the same dainty damask pattern. This picture was taken from etsy seller DarlingDamask. She has beautiful damask patters for sale. Unfortunately, for this look, it will run me $30 per table. With 12 tables, I will be out $360. That's too much for my blood.

I found the same damask fabric at BuyFabrics for $6.99/yard. I purchased 30 yards after working out how many yards I will need for 12 tables of 54x54 in overlay. I think I will have about 10 yards leftover to use for other purposes, such as the card box and other miscellaneous items to tie things together. The cost for fabric with shipping at $190, saving me about $150. Was it worth it? I'm not sure. But I love to know that I saved some money.

On another note, my tables will not look exactly like this, since I don't have chivari chairs, but I will have chair covers over the provided dining room chairs which will be tied with the same pink sash noticed here. At first I wanted to have black sash to tie it in with the damask, but Joe was afraid that the black chair sash with damask linens will be too dark. So, after much deliberation, we have decided to go with pink sash instead. It's nice to see the whole combo at work to validate that it will look coordinated. I'm happy with what I'm seeing.

1 comment:

Victoria Mische said...

I agree with you that damask tablecloths is one of the most gorgeous and beautiful patterns. I also have the same pattern and I've got mine from yourchaircovers.com and it's quite cheaper and affordable.