Rehearsing for THE weekend

Being that our wedding is 47 days away (as our wedding website indicate), I'm day dreaming about the big day.

This weekend had passed by so fast. I spent the entire weekend working for the most part, over 10 hours of work. I do hate my job sometimes, but it pays the bills, and it pays for the bills well. With busy season among us (only auditors will know what I mean), I have no time to do much of anything. However, with the wedding fast approaching, I had to prioritize and get wedding projects done on top of load of projects at work.

So, yesterday, after getting up and finished getting ready, Joe and I headed out for breakfast at IHOP with their all you can eat special. I was able to have 2 pancakes max. What a waste of a good deal. By the time we left the restaurant, it was around noon and that's when I sat down at my desk and worked the afternoon away. Since it was rainy all weekend, it was a fine day to be cooped up at home. I worked until about 5pm then decided that I had enough of it and packed my work away, and bring out my craft projects. Joe and I finished our floral monogram, which I will feature about later. Then, I finished cutting all of the little pieces of paper that will go into our program, which I will also talk about later. For now, this is what I completed: Our Rehearsal dinner invitation.
The invitation is printed using a laser jet printer. I designed it using the damask pattern we use throughout the wedding. Since it's a rehearsal dinner, it's more casual so I opted to print it on bright pink cardstock that I couldn't have used for any other projects. I like it!
The invitation is lined with black ribbons to give it a more finished look and backed on black metallic cardstock.

One task down...only a few more to go before the big day arrives.

No comments: