Let's talk money

specifically the budget.

I recently found out that my friend who is getting married in April is paying the second installment of their wedding...ON CREDIT! This is not the only installment on credit, but the ENTIRE wedding on credit. I say it's a poor financial decision.

I've always knew I would plan a wedding where we walk down the aisle debt free. With only 1.5 months away, and most vendors paid, I'd say we are successful. That is not to say that we never charge anything wedding related on a credit card, but the bill we racked up are paid within the same statement period, therefore, not incurring any interest.

I know realistically, not everyone can pay for the wedding off completely, or not have any debt wedding related. However, to put the entire wedding on credit, several credit cards, is a very very bad idea. Why did they not get married in a courthouse?

1 comment:

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...

My fiance and I agreed not to put anything on a credit card for the wedding - if we can't afford something we just won't be able to get it. I want to move on after the wedding - I've racked up enough with my student loans lol