Reminder of home

I came across this photo today and it reminded me of home.

I was born in Vietnam and moved to the U.S. when I was ten. I lived in a small town near Saigon, very rural, but I frequented Saigon quite often since my grandmother lived there. She had since passed and I never got a chance to go back and visit the home town since I left. I still have a lot of family over there, over 60 aunts, uncles and cousins (both of my parents had a really big family). I would love to go back one day. Joe and I talk about visiting it again, but being that it is still a communist country (though now friendly with Americans), we thought it'd be best to wait until Joe gets out of the Marine Corps to do so, just to be safe. It's a beautiful country and I can't wait to show Joe where I came from and finally have the rest of the country meet him.

No comments: