The Most Important Details

As I am posting all the details away, I remember that I have not yet post about the most important details of all: the wedding bands. I am of the mind that the wedding bands are the most important items on your wedding day, even the wedding process. I have always thought that the engagement ring is just that, something that symbolizes to the world that you are an engaged woman, taken! But, the wedding band is one that says, I am married! So, I have never really understand why people spend so much money on an engagement ring and spend so little on a wedding band. Nevertheless, to each her own.

When looking for wedding bands, I fell in love with eternity bands. They are so timeless, and so glamorous at the same time. I began my search and realized eternity bands of the size and look that I liked were going for about $1,700 (one of which is at Signed Pieces). I was not willing to purchase it online since I don't know what it looks like with my engagement ring. In talking to my mother, she suggests that we go to a local jewelry store. So on we went and after talking to a very nice saleswoman, we got the price talked down to $1,500 for a total carat eternity band made of princess cut diamonds of 1.23 carat. Great deals! Also, to top it off, we purchased my fiance's wedding band using white 18k gold (also custom made to a ring that he liked at Kay's Jeweler) for $300. Another great deal. Last but not least, since the eternity band will not go with my engagement ring too well, as it is too much bling that will outshine the engagement ring, I decided to get a plain wedding band for occasions when I want to wear my engagement ring. It is made of 18k white gold purchased for only $100. Another great deal! They threw in the engraving on both of our plain wedding bands for free. Last great deal. In total, we spend approximately $1,900 for all of the wedding bands. It is an extremely great deals for all the bling we got.
Left to right: Joe's wedding band (size 11, 5mm), eternity band, my wedding plain wedding band, my engagement ring.
I love them!

No comments: