My best friend's wedding

Not only am I planning my own wedding, but I'm also planning one of my best friend's wedding. Sarah and I had been friends since college, and at the time, she was dating my now other best friend, Priyan. For complicated reasons, they broke up near the end of our college years. I've been there for Sarah during this very complicated and emotional breakup. After three years of complication, she finally was able to move on and met a very good guy, a guy she dated 10 years before in middle school. It's funny because I had a hand in their get together that eventually turned into a marriage proposal, more on that later.

Sarah's wedding is to occur 1 month after mine. It's going to be a very very busy spring for me because not only will I be busy at work during this time, but I have my own wedding to plan as well as be the maid of honor for Sarah. So far, the wedding planning process is great because we get to share this very personal and intimate times of our lives with each other. While I decide on wedding colors, she's going through the same thing. While I am picking my florist, she's picking her photographer. It is extremely rewarding to have a friend share in the excitement of wedding planning, because after all, unless you're a bride, you really don't care to hear about the trial and tribulations that go along with flowers and hairstyles. LOL.

On that note, Sarah and her girls got together this past Saturday to have our first bridesmaid dress fitting. Sarah's color is black, white and red. She absolutely adores red, so it's only natural. However, when we went to get our dresses fitted at David's Bridal, they don't have the dress color in all of our sizes. We ended up with a rainbow of colors that will put Skittles to shame. Check us out:
From left: Sugah, Myra, Sarah (the bride in her actual dress), Gila, Sandy and myself (MOH).
There is one bridesmaid missing in the group because she couldn't stay long enough til the end when this picture was taken.

The dress was a very good choice. Everybody is in love with it. The actual dress will be the one in the red, but I thought the multicolor dress pays tribute to this wedding Stinkerpants

No comments: