Engagement Photoshoot

On Monday, 9/29/2008, Joe and I headed to S.F. at around 5pm to meet with our photographer, Jerry Yoon of Jerry Yoon Photography

I found Jerry on Weddingbee and I fell in love with his styles. I didn't know how much I love his style until I researched other photographers. His style is fresh, modern, candid, and he definitely likes to play with lights.

I was extremely anxious to have this shoot with him. Joe and I both take the day off of work. I went to the MAC makeup counter by 1pm to get my make up done. I have to say they did a really good job at covering me up with not a whole lot of make up. They did a wonderful job with my eyes using the color scheme I asked for because I know I look best in it. I was done with my makeup by 2pm, grabbed an bite to eat, and headed home to change and headed to SF by 3:30pm and ready for the shoot.

Jerry instructed us to meet at Townsend and Ritch, which I found to be right in front of the AT&T ball park. When we arrived at the intersection, we were surprised to find a lot of alley ways around the street. They were pretty much deserted, had a lot of characters and Joe and I became more anxious to get started. We had a friend of Joe with us at the time because he just arrived to California from Philly and wanted to check out the city. So we let him loose while we do the shoot. It was an amazing shoot with a lot of fun and ease, and I'll have to write more about it when I get the pictures back.

For now, I leave you with what I wore to the shoot. I intended to wear a formal dress and change into a less formal outfit with jeans and a casual shirt. However, when we get there it was so windy that the dress was perfect and the color was so vibrant against the backdrops that we decided to just stick with one outfit.

Here's the dress on the model. It was originally going for $138. I got it on sale for $68. I loved it. I liked the back because it is still sexy and it's able to cover the tattoo on my back. As much as I love my tattoo, I don't really want it to show, but I can't really avoid it with the wedding dress though ;)

No comments: