The making of the invites - planning

Last night, I gocco'ed the last piece of insert for our invitation. It's great to finally finish with the grunt work, because as much as I enjoy the whole process, making our own wedding invitation (and attempting for it to look remotely professional and elegant) takes a lot of time and energy, and MONEY.

Since Joe and I had plan to assemble these bad boys tonight, I can start writing about the entire process. I've been taking a lot of picture over the entire process, but had never really had time (or motivation to sit down and document it). Let me attempt now.

After many many hours of wedding research, specifically invitations via flickr and etsy, I realized I love the look of the pocketfolds. But devoting that much time into research also show me that pocketfold invitations are expensive! So, I automatically nixed the idea of purchasing them. Via website like Weddingbee, I find that pocketfolds are easy to make, so I decide to attempt. The only problem is, how to print professionally. Again, Weddingbee came to the rescue when I was exposed to the Gocco. It's a big investment, but after much begging with Joe, and showing him a lot of samples of what this bad boy can do, he caved and I went on eBay and ordered my very own Gocco.

Now I'm all equipped to go. With our wedding colors previously decided, it's purchase time.

The best place I found for metallic papers in our wedding colors is at Blue Dot Paper Shop. It's not cheap, but the color scheme is perfect.
2 packs of Azalea - 8.5" × 11" 105# Cardstock (50 sheet pack)
[source]
2 packs of Opal - 8.5" × 11" 105# Cardstock (50 sheet pack)
[source]
1 pack of Onyx - 8.5" × 11" 105# Cardstock (50 sheet pack)
[source]
Each of these packs are $18.99 each, for a total cost of $95. In addition to these paper pages, I also bought 50 12x12 pages of the Azalea from Michael's for $.99 each. The color at Michael's is called Pomegranate, which prompted the entire invitation color inspiration.

Next up, the main invitation

No comments: