The making of the invites - the inserts

The inserts actually took a lot of time to do, as there are so many things to finalize before it can be completed. We decided to have four inserts: reception card, directions card, accommodations card and finally RSVP card. As stated earlier, we love the look of pocketfold invitations. However, the final product was not a pocketfold, but a variation thereof. I purchased about 50 sheets of 12x12 paper at Michaels. 12x12 pages are not big enough to make pocketfolds. For a 6x6 square card, you will actually need about 7x18" sheets, to make the pocket and the opening flap. In an attempt to save the $50 I spent on the 12x12 pages purchased, I decided to not do pocketfold and just do a regular flip card. Where I varied it is in the composition of the inserts. Instead of having lose inserts, I decided to stack them on each other and adhere them to the card using eyelets. It was an ingenious idea if I have to say so myself. Now, to let pictures do the talking.
reception + direction card
direction card (without the word "Directions" up to)
Accommodation card (without the information)
Accommodations card (with info)
RSVP: drying
A close up of the RSVP. I'm so proud

No comments: